Tuesday 29 October 2013

Kotor

31.07
Kotor

We were going 12 hours to Podgorica. As I wrote in a previous note journey passed quite nicely, and in the morning landscape was wonderful, mountainous. We were traveling between the mountains, very often through the tunnels. Kuba was laughing that it's black and right after there is a mountain = Montenegro (Black mountain) !


We got off in Podgorica and immediately went to the bus station. We wanted to get to Kotor. We thought about hitchhiking before, but it was very hot. Bus - for our budget - turned out to be quite expensive, I think it was 8 euro per person. But we were tired and wanted to sleep. The nap didn't work out because first we had breakfast (Plasma course!) And then again we were amazed by views. We drove over the Bay of Kotor. We passed Budva and Tivat . I took lots a lot of pictures, but none of them reflect this view entirely.

When we arrived we started looking for our hostel (Monica hostel). We couldn't count on couchsurfing - Kotor is a touristic town . And it is one of the best preserved medieval towns in South-Eastern Europe. City is surrounded by walls that connect with the fortress of St. John (Tvrdjava St. Iva). The characteristic medieval urbanism are narrow, winding streets and irregular squares, magnificent temples and buildings in the styles of Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque (wikipedia). And it is because of these narrow streets, we could not find our hostel ! They all looked the same ..

We had backpacks and we looked like we were lost . Then someone asked if he can help us, and we found that it is the owner of our hostel :D What a coincidence! Although he did't raise our confidence, but we paid for a hostel. We had a private room with bunk bed only. I don't like bunk beds. I was wondering what would be better. Sleep on top - and fall, or sleep at the bottom and be crushed by my husband. I picked the top, but I was afraid that at night I would fall. The hostel had a kitchen that was part of the dormitory and we had to go through the beds of people who lived there. We met there Canadian girl, with whom we had an interesting conversation .

- Where are you from ?
- I am from Canada. I'm French speaking Canadian .
- We are Polish. We are a Polish speaking Poles.
...

After a short rest we ran to the beach. And it hit me. As a cupid arrow. I went into the clear sea and the mountains were around me (Dinaric mountains, Lovćen range). That was it. Kotor - my love.

We swam, we took pictures, came back to take a shower, we made pasta and we walked out again. To conquer the city!


No comments:

Post a Comment