Monday 4 November 2013

Why Japan?

For now we stop description of our trip to the Balkans to move to another continent.

I'm not sure when my fascination with the country of the Rising Sun began. 10 years ago? 11? I do not remember the exact date but I remember what it felt like, the first contact with the country. Japan seemed to me to be a country not of this Earth. Everything was so different and compelling.



I immersed myself in this culture by watching movies, anime, listening to music, reading books, manga and even learning a little bit of language... Although Japan has been very close to me at the same time has been far away. I secretly hoped that maybe one day I could go there. I bought ticket in May. It was very spontaneous, but at the same time discussed with my husband whom I had to leave to fulfill my dream. Despite the fact that I bought ticket in May I started preparing in September. After purchasing a ticket, in the same month, my health got worse. I will not describe here the details, I just wanted to illustrate the situation prior to departure. My trip came into question. After surgeries I was waiting for a decision ... and I heard that I can go ! 
And here I am. In my Japan. My foot stepped on Japanese ground exactly on 02.11 at 11:20 ( Japan time ). In Japan I plan to be up to 20th of January. So what I will do during this time ? First I stay in Tokyo, till 11.11 then I'm going to Maebashi, where I'm going to work in a traditional Japanese inn - ryokan. For free because it is voluntareeing organized by WWOOF.

No comments:

Post a Comment