Sunday 2 February 2014

Busan

On the next day, January 24th, the smell of frying bacon woke us up. Patrick made ​​us breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon and toasts. It tasted great, especially because in the last 3 months every morning I ate rice for breakfast. It was recently after my stay in Japan and the deficit of meat. ( My Japanese family rarely ate meat when I came to Tokyo to see my brother the first thing I did is I went to konbini and bought three hot dogs on a stick ). So when the meat appeared, a big smile on my face appeared as well (I am such a savage ! ) .

After a long breakfast, slow coffee drinking and interesting conversations we left the apartment and went to see Chinatown, which in large part was also Russian. Later we went to appartment of another American who invited us for lunch. William was also an English teacher and he lived in Korea for already 15 years ! By this time he mastered the Korean cuisine. After a delicious meal we went up to the mountain (unfortunately we don't remember the name, but we will soon make it up) from where we enjoyed the view of the Busan. At the top you could see how big this city is. We made pictures (even with a special machine, for free!) And went down. William was going to class, but he left us at the Gwangalli beach. From there we had a view of the bridge Gwangan, also called a Diamond bridge.


In the evening, we had an appointment with a Korean who wrote us a message on couchsurfing ( because I I put the information on the forum of Busan that we are here, and if anyone would like to meet with us.) Lee took us to our first Korean barbecue. Of course, I don't have to write how happy I was ( meaaaaat) . The best part is that the meat is fried first and then cut (with scissors) yourself. There were also a number of side dishes such as sesame leaves in which you can wrap meat, kimchi , etc. And the green peppers. They looked so innocent and tempted me. I took one, dipped it in a special sauce and ate with taste. Only after a while it began to occur to me that I made a big mistake. I ran out of breath and I felt like my insides burn . Tears fell on my cheeks. I couldn't see water next to me so I reached for the glass of soju .


Soju is a Korean version of vodka - though usually weaker and sweeter. It doesn't burn guts like spicy Korean dishes, but an evening stroll can show you that soju can make many people very drunk. This does not mean that the people of Korea are " weak " in the drinking. On the contrary, Koreans we met in South Korea coped quite well with the consumption of alcohol, we tried to control ourselves and they dictated the pace we drink. Traditional way of pouring soju intrigued us- a bottle is hold up in right hand, left hand supporting the right elbow. Apparently with one hand is not proper ! After a barbecue with soju we went to the bar for a beer, where we ate sweet fish flavored wafers - surprisingly it tasted well !

No comments:

Post a Comment